Friday, January 6, 2012

Four New Paintings + plus a poem (award winning poem)


In the last three days I have been painting a fair amount. I managed to complete the below four paintings. They are all pretty small in size. A certain amount of energy is building up inside me... so I will have to paint a larger painting very soon.

My mind is pretty blank for words. My mind is thinking more in images and in color. When I am more focused on painting... words are reduced. And poetry becomes more distant.

But I would like to share a poem that I wrote after my father died 19 years ago.

Titled: Without you

When I was young

I saw my reflection

smile in the sun

And I'm getting cold

out here

I'm getting colder

without you

Children gettin' older

I'm gettin' colder

without you

If you see my reflection

in the sun

Pull your dreams out

of the sky

Kites are blowin'

in the sky

and my soul is sailin'

out there

And I'm getting colder

I'm growing older

without you

I'm getting colder

without you

hold me

hold me

hold me again

hold me again

hold me

hold me

again....

Written Summer 1995




Blown Away (II). oil on canvas. 12 x 16 inches. Jan 2012. Price: $400



Red Chair, She Flower. oil on canvas. 12 x 14 inches. Jan 2012. Price: $400



Blank Canvas. oil on canvas. 12 x 16 inches. Jan 2012. Price: $400



He paints her flowers. oil on canvas. 14 x 18 inches. Price: $500

No comments: